Saturday, January 7, 2012

So many ideas...








Well, a sinus headache and absolute exhaustion wrecked my plans for the week, but today, I've made some progress. I'm finally hemming the coat for my daughter. My sweet husband welded the base of Matilda, my dress form, so that I could put her to use for this project. She's a yard sale find and too large for me, but it's working for the coat hem.

Since I didn't make much progress, I thought I'd share an end of 2011 project. I had had this fabric for a while. It's a lightweight jersey knit, I think, which I made from Simplicity 2733. My husband and I both love it! We bought it on a trip to Hancock Fabrics in Murfreesboro. The day was memorable because there was a terrible windstorm while we were in the store. The power went out, but they took all my information and let us leave with my purchases. I've used some of the other fabrics, but I have several pieces to go.




My husband and I often combine hobbies on a road trip. On my fall break, we went to see a motorcycle that he was considering buying and then went over to Sir's Fabric in Fayetteville. If you've never been, I have one word...GO. These two plaids are in my queue, one for me (the small plaid) and one for my daughter.





I also hope to make a pair of jeans with the dark red bottomweight from Joann's and my daughter wants a dress from these two linen colors, also from Joann's. She sent me the picture of the color block dress as inspiration.










The sweater knit is for this simple dress. I need to decide whether to line it somehow or simply make/buy a good dark full slip. Hmmm...


Hopefully, I can finish the hems tomorrow and get on with the topstitching and buttonholes. Then I can start some of these other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment