Monday, January 23, 2012

Making Progress!

Even though I've been quiet here, I have been making progress on several fronts. I finished the second book by Kathleen Ernst, The Heirloom Murders. It was quite enjoyable. Next up, I'm reading State Fair which is one of a series that I enjoy. Best of all though, my reading classes started A Wrinkle in Time which is one of my two all time favorites. (The second is To Kill a Mockingbird, of course!)

I've finished the body of my Transverse Cardigan, and it fits! Woo hoo!  I'm going to add a bit to the left front as in this yarn, it rolls badly. For the same reason, I plan to add about a one inch garter border around the bottom edge. I have my buttons, so it shouldn't be long now. I've turned the heel on a sock, too!

Midnight truly enjoyed the blocking stage!





Then on Saturday, I started my wine jeans. I've done most of the fiddly bits, pockets, fly, zipper, so I hope to finish these soon as well. I'm excited to wear these with several of my tops and sweaters.

Happy Sewing!







No comments:

Post a Comment