Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Knit, Too

In all the talk of sewing yesterday, I didn't show you my current knitting projects. I've got two pairs of basic socks going. Both of these are based on Stephanie Pearl McPhee's sock recipe in Knitting Rules. The yarns are Soft and Slim Rayon,colorway Licorice, which I'm afraid may be too soft, and Deborah Norville's Serenity Sock Weight in the Picasso Marble colorway.

I have also started two designs fr
om last Spring's Interweave Knits. I'm doing the Aran Necklace Camisole in Berocco Linsey, colorway 6550, a greenish gold. This is just barely begun, but I'm excited about it.

I've made more progress on Ann Weaver's Transverse Cardigan which I'm knitting with Plymouth Yarn's Encore in colorway 0241, a soft pink. I'm working on this to be sure i
t fits as the sleeves are reported to be pretty narrow. To offset this, I've started with the number of stitches for the 49 1/2" size, but then added the number of stitches for the 41" size when I got to the body. It is knit cuff to cuff so I think this will work. I've done one sleeve and started the body.

School starts back tomorrow! I hope that doesn't keep me away too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment