Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year's Goal

For a long time, I've wanted to keep track of what I sew/knit/create in a year's time. 2012 is the year. This blog is for me, but I hope I find some readers along the way. Because I teach school, I don't sew every day or even every week, but I always have some kind of craft going. I'm hoping this blog will encourage me to do a bit more this year.

So to begin.
..I'm in the midst of making my 27 year old daughter a winter coat. She found a photo of a very good looking coat and I'm attempting to recreate it while customizing it to her body. I've taken the fitted jacket pattern from Built by Wendy Coats & Jackets as my starting place. Then I reshaped the front to make an asymmetrical closing. Today, I attached the lining and the outer coat, so all major construction is done. Now I need to do lots of pressing before I do lots of hemming and top stitching and buttonholes. I hope to finish this in the next week. Here are a couple of photos of this work in progress.



Also, yesterday and today, I've made two cushions for my house and re-purposed a vinyl shopping bag
to be my school bag for this semester. I embroidered the designs using my Brother 1500D. The designs are from Embroidery Library which is my favorite site for buying designs. The first cushion is for my bed and the second is for my deck.

That's my start for 2012. I have lots of other projects planned which I hope to share with you in the next few days.

Happy New Year!






1 comment: